- 317boardAsked on January 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM
A co-worker was registering a participant for an event. She hit the back button to correct something and when she went forward the previous registration duplicated. Is there a way to stop the duplication in case someone else completing the registration does the same thing?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Hi, if a user tries to edit or correct some information in the form by clicking the back and forward button of the browsers, that actually will send another submission.
I would recommend you to add an edit link in the thank you message.
1) Click on Setup & Embed
2) Click on Thank You
3) Click on Than You message
3) Add this <a target="_blank" href=" VARIABLE " >Here </a> and add the variable Edit link between quotation marks.This is ha it would look once the user submits the form:Hope this helps, you can try my example here. If you need more help, please let us know.
- 317boardAnswered on January 27, 2014 at 01:20 PMHi,
Thank you for your answer. I found what I needed under Preferences-Unique submission choices.