- PreservationAllianceAsked on January 28, 2014 at 09:50 AM
I have a user who told me he is " having a hard time uploading project photos and files online – when I try to attach a file it says “Failed”. Is this a Jotform issue or a dropbox issue? My dropbox account still has plenty of space, so that's not it. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
I was not able to reproduce the issue - This is possibly because it is Isolated to the user. Any chance we could get a screenshot of the error? Some detail would help us troubleshoot the issue more conclusively.
It could also point to the following conditions:
1. The file they are trying to upload is too big, such that if fails midway due to their internet connection
2. Their internet connection could have failed during the upload session.
3. The file they are trying to upload is corrupted.
To resolve this:
Please ask users to try a different browser and see if they experience the same issue.
Let us know.
- PreservationAllianceAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 03:00 PMHi
Here is a screen shot, and more details from the user reporting this
Director of Membership Development
Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia
1608 Walnut Street Suite 1300
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- EliezerNAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 04:12 PM
Unfortunately we cannot see the screenshot you sent. Kindly resend it by following this guide: How to upload and add screenshots to support forum?
Now, your form is working fine when uploading files with the extension ".jpg".
Please notice that another cause of the issue could be the size of the file your form user was trying to upload. I found that the Max File Size you have established is 1024KB (1MB). So, it is probably your form user was trying to upload a file larger than the limit:
So, you could contact your user to ask if his files were larger than 1MB, if so, you will need to increase your Max File size.
I hope this helps. Kindly inform us if you need further assistance with this concern.
- PreservationAllianceAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 05:18 PM
File size he was trying to upload wasn't bigger than 1MB.
- PreservationAllianceAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 05:21 PM
And he "tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and also had two other people try (on different networks)." and it didn't work. Here is screen shot of error message he got-
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 05:35 PM
I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end. Make sure that the file uploaded doesn't exceed the allowed file size. I tried it on using FireFox and chrome and just works fine.