- StudioBeAsked on January 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Is this a known issue? We usually use FF for everything but I noticed that the calculations feature malfunctions in IE 11. Looks like the fields populate with the correct number but it populates in a light grey (like a "hint" would). Then when you go to submit the form, it acts as if those fields are blank. Since all my fields on this particular form are required, it does not allow for submission. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
I took a copy of your form and did some test submissions on Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7:
As you can see, the numbers appear in the dark, normal appearance. I then submitted the form, and all the results came through:
Please clarify the following for us:
1. Do you experience the same problem when you use the original link of your form?
2. Where is your form located on your website? Please share the link so that we may investigate further.
Thank you for your patience.
- StudioBeAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 01:28 PM
Here is the link to the form on the back end of our site. I removed the security on this form so you can access it.
When I attempt to fill out the form, it returns all the calculation fields in light grey and does not accept them being filled out. So when I submit, it tells me those fields are blank.
- StudioBeAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 01:32 PM
The form does work better when I preview it. However, its still no functioning 100%. If I tab through the form fields, anything that is calculated prior to being tabbed to will revert to 0.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 02:38 PM
Your web page is set to be rendered in Internet Explorer 7 mode, and this is not working right for the form.
In order to fix the problem, you can try either:
- Use "IE=edge" instead of "IE=EmulateIE7" mode on your page:
- Remove Hint Example values from your calculated fields. It should fix the issue with 'light grey' values in Internet Explorer 7 mode.