- District1010Asked on February 01, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I am trying to create a Conference Delegate List that will allow more than one person to register at a time. I envisage this as having a 'lead' delegate who will populate the form. He will add his details and then be presented with a 'do you have more delegate?' If yes then a new from will appear asking for their details. When the last of his delegates have been entered, he will say no to the question. A new prepopulated form will appear with all the names of his delegates. This will comprise a number of questions relating to the conference: What days will you be attending this in turn will populate a 'cost' of that item (daily delegate fee). Just to complicate it a little they will also be asked if they require accommodation? If yes then the cost of the meals and dinner will be included in the accommodation charge but the daily delegate fee will remain. Probaly be able to handle that with a simple branch question? Any help / direction appreciated.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 01, 2014 at 10:45 AM
May I suggest you check if you can make use of the Dynamic Matrix widget http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/matrix_dynamique
to dynamically add rows of detailed list (Names, Attending.. so on) in your form.
After the 'lead' delegate completed adding the details, he can now submit the form.
Please inform us if you need further assistance and this cannot work for what you need.
- District1010Answered on February 02, 2014 at 06:16 AM
1. It's a good start, looks interesting and may well meet part of the solution. It seems (reading other answers) that it doesn't allow numerical input? Also are there any instructions/examples on its use? I'm confronted with a box asking for colour - what colour?
2. DataGrid also looks interesting, do you know if I can add titles and the like to expand it out to give more purpose to it?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 02, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1. You can input alphanumeric characters in a Matrix Dyanmic widget, test this demo
Simple enter the name of the color for Headers, Line and Data on each row.
It should look like this:
2. On regards to data grid, you can expand the number of columns, simply add the names
Name, Age, Nationality, Passport
Jonh, 32, Brazilian, 555-5555
Jane, 31, Canadian, 444-5555
Data grid will allow you to search data, it is not for input new one