- Linda GrissetteAsked on February 05, 2014 at 09:46 AM
Whenever anyone who has gotten the new Internet Explorer (version 11), they get error readings on some of the forms we've created for our upcoming national convention. I'm the webmaster and I have had the problem myself. I normally don't get the new version immediately, by Microsoft sent it in an update without my knowledge.
Sometimes I get a Security Certificate error message, sometimes I just get nothing and other times they work find. I'm working today on an e-mail with all the direct links to the form, but there has to be a better way.
I'm using the inbed coding. Would using a different coding help us avoid the problem with IE? I'd appreciate any help you can give me. I'm a 64 year old woman who know tech fairly well.....but no techie by any means.....who took on the CIO job for our organization when the previous one had to quit for family reasons. This problem is way beyond my tech abilities.
I've attached one of the form pages that showed up blank for me this morning. When I went back to it again, the form shows up again and they all are working for me. Evidently, the problem is sporatic.
PS. Once I learned how good your forms were, I'm using them for my real estate websites, too.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Thank you for contacting us regarding your problem. I have just tested the form myself using IE 11 and could not find any problems with it. I was not able to see the security error you were referring to -- did you perhaps replace the embed codes after you have written your message to us?
If you are still able to get an error message, can you please try to get a screenshot, upload it to this site, then give us the link to the uploaded screenshot image?
We'd love to help you sort this out, so your coordination is highly appreciated.
- LindaGrissetteAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 11:40 AMI didn’t have the time to figure out how to use the link you sent me, so I’m hoping that this will get to you with the screen print from the page where I just posted my “work around” for when someone gets the error or the blank screen. A while ago, I was able to see every form and now they are all getting different error messages.
I also got one saying the link to your site was not correct, but I can’t get it to show up again.
I know that sporadic problems are really hard to solve, but I really getting grief about this problem. This is volunteer work and our Board Chairmen wanted us to use the event registration in our template club system that we are paying for….but it was totally inadequate because we can’t get the information we need without using JotForms.
- LindaGrissetteAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 11:50 AMI remember that I’m using the IFrame coding instead of the normal inbed coding because our website company told us that is what we had to use. I haven’t worked on the coding at all today, just adding to the page.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 01:10 PM
Thank you for the update.
The errors will indeed be sporadic because there are so many conditions that would cause the form from not displaying correctly:
1. The existing code on your form page
2. The browser type - version and updates
3. The internet connection
4. Your webhost - not being able to serve up elements of your page efficiently
The security certificate error you experienced could be because you are on a shared web-server -one which has a shared SSL certificate:
We would advice that you contact your webhost with this information - Intenet Explorer could be picking up on it and returning the error once in a while.
In any case, please try the Iframe Embed code to place your form on your site- as it is more reliable in preventing display issues.
FYI - your form loads fine from our end
Let us know how we can assist further.
- LindaGrissetteAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 01:20 PMThanks for trying to figure out this mess. The website we are using is a template site and we are always having to deal with issues.
I’ve got the “work around” all in place on every form page!!!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 01:26 PM
Please let us know if you hit a bump, will you?
- LindaGrissetteAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 01:40 PMThanks. I will. But if they can get the e-mail link to the form, I know they can register!!!