- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 05:04 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Please try to use an iFrame version of the form on your Facebook tab.
I hope it will fix the scrolling issue on your form Thank You Page.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- liamformediaAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Unfortunitly this hasn't made a difference...
It works as it should on the form itself but when you click 'Submit' the form doesn't scroll up to show the thank you message. This is causing people to enter multiple times as they're not sure if it's worked!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 05:58 PM
Please replace onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" with onload="FB.Canvas.scrollTo(0,0);" on your Facebook tab.
It seems to be working right on my test page:
- liamformediaAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 04:22 AM
This doesnt seem to have worked on mine...http://on.fb.me/1847BC8
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 05:25 AM
I'm afraid I've not been able to replicate the issue. I ran two test submissions on your page and on each occassion the page scrolled (or more precisely "jumped") to the top. Is it still not working on your end? (Incidentally, those submissions won't be counted against your submission quota. I've taken care of that.)
- liamformediaAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 05:30 AM
Ah apologies it seems to be working now! Once I viewed it in 'visitor mode' it worked fine - thanks
- liamformediaAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 05:32 AM
Also, on a spereate note - people are saying that they are having trouble entering, do you know why this could be? The only thing I can guess is that they can't see the 'Thank you' right away (which has now been fixed) or that they are getting a deley and error when hitting 'submit', of which has happened to me.
Do you know how I can make the process as smooth as possible?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 05:52 AM
We would love to help you with every JotForm-related problems you have, but may we ask you to kindly open a new thread for each issue with a different context?
We will look forward your new query.