- AmSteveAsked on February 06, 2014 at 08:41 AM
I have a user whining about how many clicks it takes to get to the excel export of a given form. Any chance we can figure out how to automate that? Ideally, it'd be awesome to define an Data Connection within a local excel sheet that could hit your remote on open or on command. Open to less that ideal ideas as well.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 09:54 AM
If I am not wrong, you are exporting your submission data to excel.
Have you already tried creating an excel report instead of excel export? That will require just to go to the given report URL. You can also password protect your excel report. This guide should help you achieve this: http://www.jotform.com/help/101-How-to-create-an-Excel-Report
There are other options as well:
1. Integrating with google spreadsheet: http://www.jotform.com/help/228-How-to-Integrate-Form-with-Google-Spreadsheet
2. You can take advantage of our Excel2Dropbox app: http://apps.jotform.com/app/excel2dropbox
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- AmSteveAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 09:59 AM
The create excel report looks exactly like what i need. However, a number of people on that thread have asked the exact question I have - does the report stay in synch as new forms are submitted?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yes it will always display the up-to-date submission records. Any new submission received will be listed in the excel report almost immediately.
- AmSteveAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Thanks...I mis-read that thread and now see that answers are linked - appreciated.