- sdmformAsked on February 06, 2014 at 04:15 PM
I am stuck at figuring out why I am getting an "Error during transaction" "This transaction has been approved"
message page after submitting a form payment through the Authorize.net payment tool.??
The payment actually shows up and is approved fine as well without any error on the Authorize.net side as well.
Please help!?? I have this form live. I have tried numerous different settings with everything I can think of or have searched forumns for but have had no success.
~ d A n
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 05:38 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We are currently running some tests regarding your issue, we shall respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 06:04 PM
I'm afraid I was not able to reproduce the issue.
We would like to understand the problem a little better:
1. When did it start?
2. Do you have this problem with every payment?
Please let us know.
In the meantime - I would suggest changing each your product images URL to https locations. Insecure content breaks the SSL security seal.
- sdmformAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Hi, Thanks for the response.
I have updated all of the image locations to https locations as suggested.
1) This is the first time I have used jotform and integrated with my Authorize.net account. So this happened with our first transaction.
2) Yes, the problem is consistent.. happens with multiple card numbers and from multiple computers / locations / ip addresses...
I am pretty good at debugging and rarely will ever use a help site to figure something out but this one has me stumped..
I have tried submitting transactions from both the secure link of the form (https://secure.jotform.us/sdmform/recital) and the non secure link (http://www.jotform.us/sdmform/recital) and got the same response.
How did you try to reproduce the problem?.. did you try to submit a order on the form?.. You can create a coupon for all but $0.01 of the price for example and I can void it as well. So you can see what is going on in a live setting.
I created a coupon for the "Full Page Ad" for $249.99 off... Coupon Code: ALMOSTFREE
please test in a live situation to recreate problem..
~ d A n
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 06:21 AM
Tried recreating this on a sandbox Auth.net account but to no avail. Have you tried using a different credit card for testing? If not yet, please do try and let us know how it goes.
- sdmformAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Hi, Yes I have tried this with multiple credit cards with the same result.
As I said, it is processed and is approved just fine on my Authorize.net account with no errors. It returns "transaction is approved" to jotforms but somehow jotforms interprets that as an error?..
Please test on a LIVE authorize.net account it must somehow be different than a sandboxed one. I have a LIVE example above with my form in question.
~ d A n
- KadeJMAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for the additional information. I started digging deeper into researching this problem more and from what I am finding this appears to be related to a known common issue with your Authorize.NET Account when you are tryin to process payments using Authorize.net payment gateways.
It seems that according to my findings a "1" usually with this error is returned by Authorize.net. What that means is that when the settings in your Authorize.net account are setup incorrectly or if the account gets used with another shopping cart which requires different response settings then it creates problems like this.
Please try this to see if it helps fix the problem on your end.
To fix this Issue, The Account should be set to the Default Authorize.net settings.
(1) You will have to go log into your Authorize.net console then go to " Settings -> Direct response. "
(2) Once you're there look for the 'Field Encapsulation Character' and put it back to empty (blank) option from the dropdown if it is set to something else. You practically need to choose the blank option whereas you probably have double quotes or something otherwise listed there.
- sdmformAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 02:11 PM
Yay! That was it. I was using a encapsulation character setting in Authorize.net for the Direct Response for a different application.. I was able to modify the code for the other app to use the (blank) option. Now everything is good for all apps.
You guys rock! Thanks a million!
~ d A n
- cordovacouncilAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I am just now getting the same error after my form working last week. I logged into Authorize.net and my FEC was blank (empty). Is there another setting I need to adjust?
- galitzenAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 01:49 PM
My Direct Response setting are :
Delimited Response: Yes Default Field Separator | (pipe) Field Encapsulation Character
- EliezerNAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 03:55 PM
Kindly open your own thread to post the issue you are having, that way we will give you the proper assistance to your particular issue.
You can open your own thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php
Once you open the new thread we will reply as soon as possible.