- JPanthC4Asked on July 06, 2011 at 06:59 AM
Here we go again :)
How to avoid a required field growing in size if it's not filled so that it doesn't mess up with my page?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 06, 2011 at 09:06 AM
Hi again JPanth
Are you referring to the error message stating "This field is required." pushing the field below it down? If so, the easiest remedy I can come up with is to hide the message by injecting the following CSS rule:
display: none !important;
To inject the above CSS, do the following:
2. Open a separate browser tab or window, login to your JotForm account, click My Forms, click the form in question and click Edit to load it into the form builder
3. While on the Setup & Embed tab, click Preferences and then Form Styles
4. In the Inject Custom CSS section (where it states "Click to edit") paste what you copied
5. Click Close Settings and save the form
That should do it. If this is not what you meant, please rephrase the question in some manner.
- JPanthC4Answered on July 06, 2011 at 09:25 AM
Once again you helped me so much, that is exactly what I need :)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 06, 2011 at 09:59 AM
And once again, you're welcome :)
- AndersonAnswered on October 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Maybe about almost the same subject, now, the error message displays right below each required field that is not filled.
Is there a way to make the error message to display below all the text inputs and above the submit button instead?
I mean, only one error message space for the whole form (with dinamic text to change accordingly the field) instead of a error message for each required field.
Also, error message priors the last required field. So only one field would display the red error line at time.
Thanks so much,
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Unfortunately those are the intended behavior for required fields error at this time. Let's just hope that maybe some of my colleague's has their workaround for your query.
Thank you for waiting and have a great day!