- DylanSchlaakAsked on July 09, 2011 at 04:20 PM
I'm using the lightbox format for my contact form, and it works flawlessly everywhere except for the iPad browser. As you can see at http://www.whiteraven.com/dylan, when the Contact Us buttom at the bottom right is clicked, the lightbox appears. On an iPad however, instead of scrolling the content of the form within the lightbox, the content extends outside, ultimately increasing the hieght of the page, which is somewhat problematic. Is there a way to fix this, and have it scroll just like it does on all the other browsers?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 10, 2011 at 02:18 AM
I can't replicate the situation using Safari browser which uses the same engine as the iPad Safari. Would it be possible to upload a screenshot of the problem from your iPad? Click here to learn how to take screenshots on the iPad.
Also, have you tried viewing the page using a different browser for the iPad such as the Opera Mini? If not, please do, so that we can find out if the problem is exclusive to the iPad Safari browser only or to the iPad platform itself, regardless of the browser used.
We are very much eager in helping you solve this problem the soonest time possible. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice day.
- DylanSchlaakAnswered on July 10, 2011 at 06:53 PM
Here is a screenshot of the problem: http://www.whiteraven.com/dylan/photo.PNG. Also, I don't currently have administrative permission to download any other browsers, as the iPad is not mine. I did notice that the problem does not appear on any non-iPad systems, even on the iPad simulator site, ipadpeek.com. Because of this, I figure it has to be a problem with the iPad itself, and not the browser.
- allanftdAnswered on July 10, 2011 at 11:57 PM
I saw how your form looks like and I believe you can further shorten the form by doing the following:
1. Spread the radio buttons of the following fields horizontally instead of vertically:
- Contact Me By
- I'm Interested In
2. Adjust the size of the Message Text Area field to half its height (i.e. rows = 3) and increase its width i.e. columns = 60)
3. Make the font size of the footer smaller, if not remove it entirely.
Unfortunately, Safari on iPad has difficulties when it comes to automatically activating the scrollbar for floating frames and such. Hope these tips will somehow help address your issue.
Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- brightdigitalmediaAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 12:42 PM
I'm getting the same issue. I have a relatively long form, can't shorten it enough to fit within the lightbox without overflowing. Do you have a solution to this?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 09, 2011 at 06:07 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences caused.
I have created a ticket to our developers about that bug. Unfortunately, we can not provide any ETA at this time for when it will be fixed.
We will update this thread once the problem will be solved.