- bethinteractiveAsked on February 19, 2014 at 06:16 PM
I have four checkbox fields at the top of my form and would like to require that at least one of the checkboxes be complete (and ideally, not more than 4). Is there any way to accomplish this?
- pinoytechAnswered on February 19, 2014 at 06:57 PM
Please refer on this thread for my colleague's response: http://www.jotform.com/answers/335703
- bethinteractiveAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 09:40 AM
i was able to use that thread to solve my first problem--since the fields were hidden, i could have them all required.
but in this instance, i have 4 different checkbox parts created, all of which are visible. currently, people can select as few or as many of the checkboxes as they want on all 4 parts. i would like to require them to check at least one and not more than four.
is that possible?
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
This is possible. You can require your form submitter to select atleast one checkbox.
1. Click on the field then choose "Show Properties"
2. In your case you can change the Minimum of 1 and Maximum of 4 selection
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I just realized that doing this will require you to modify your form script since the steps I provided above will only work for a single checkbox field. You need to download your form source then modify your script to make a condition to accept min and maximum field selection.