What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
security questionsAsked by HEV1 on February 23, 2014 at 05:37 PM
I want my website members to have the ability to upload images. I would have them do that directly through my own website except that I need to ensure that any images they upload are not malicous. So my questions are....
1) Does Jotform have a security feature that ensures malicous images do not get uploaded?
2) Can I have all submitted data from the form submitted to your tables and then I have the ability to retrieve them?
3) Are these forms responsive?
4) In order to conserve storage space, will I have the ability to delete data/images from the storage any time I want?
Here are the answers to your query:
1. If I understand it correctly, malicious images has embedded exe file. You have flexibility in JotForm to allow what type of file users can upload. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/29-Upload-Field-Allowed-File-Types
2. Yes you can check your submission records by going to the form's submission page. Please check the screenshot below:
Please be noted that you can also export your submission records and generate a varity of reports as well. The following guide should help you:
3. Yes our forms are optimized for different mobile devices and is responsive on different screen resolutions. We support custom css code injection so that you can customize your form further.
4. Yes you can delete the uploads by deleting the submission records which has file attachment. Deleting a submission records will also delete the attached file. Please be noted that deleting a submission will only free up upload storage space and not reset the submission limits. Submission limits are reset only on the first day of every month.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.