- godavid33Asked on February 28, 2014 at 02:26 PM
I need to submit extra data to Silent Post URL. Particularly, I need to fill out the x_description POST variable that the Silent Post URL contains. How would I go about this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 04:19 PM
Unfortunately, that's not possible with Authorize.net payment tool, we do not allow it on the form source code as well for security reasons. Sorry about that.
We will take note of this for now so when we see similar users requesting the same, we will definitely include it on the user's wish list.
Thanks and Regards!
- godavid33Answered on February 28, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Well technically it isn't "Extra" data. It is just filling a variable already on handled by silent post URL (e.g. x_amount, x_invoiceID, etc.)
Is that still not possible? I'm just a bit surprised by that; something like that has to be going on. For instance, how does the Silent Post URL know how much the product cost? Or the credit card #? How is that information being sent?
- godavid33Answered on February 28, 2014 at 04:27 PM
On a side note, my silent post URL isn't triggering for subscriptions :(
the form can be found here (it is in live mode)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 05:27 PM
Yes, it is still not possible, sorry about that. The integration between Jotform and on any payment gateway is server hard coded. It is not possible to manipulate the POST unless the requested feature is available on that particular payment tool.
However, let me submit that as a feature request for our developers to review as I can see similar request about this. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you any ETA. Rest assured you will received updates once this is made possible.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 01:48 AM
We pass the product's name as x_description, like how it is supposed to be. Does it not get carried over to the Authorize.Net transaction for each form submission?
- godavid33Answered on March 05, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I figure I should do a bit of follow up for any lost souls wandering down this dark and lonely path of Zoho and Auth.net integration (hell I should just make a guide at this point):
- Product names are passed as x_description; subscription names are not
- The reason Silent Post URL was not triggering for ARB is because ARB's don't charge like normal products; they charge at 2am only.
What I haven't figured out yet is how to tell the difference between ARB subscription names from the Silent Post URL unless you want to manually record the x_subscription_id in Zoho and cross reference it with Auth.net.
*Bonus tip: You can differentiate between normal product charges and ARB charges by the x_subscription_id field. ARB charges have this; normal product charges don't*
Hope this helps someone. Good luck on your journey young hero. It is a long one.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Thanks for the additional details. I have brought it to our higher team for a review.