- pierangelaAsked on March 03, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Hello, I am using the voice widget for the form:
And The voice widget works fine on the published form, any user can get to the form and record a file.
But I as owner of the form cannot get their submissions anywhere inside jotform.
1) I do not get the voice file as an attachment when I receive a form sumbmission emial notification.
2) I cannot find it in the submissions page for the form, its not on there anywhere, its not on the output XLS or PDF files.
- KadeJMAnswered on March 03, 2014 at 11:21 AM
We've already discussed this in live chat so I am escalating this to have our developers look into the problem. It appears this issue is due to a problem with the recorder file not attaching correctly. As soon as something more about it is known we will inform you and until then we do appreciate your patience.
- pierangelaAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM
how are things progressing with this bug?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 02:26 PM
No updates yet but the ticket is already assigned to our developers. We'll update you via this thread if fixes are made for this bug.
Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
- ukukeeAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 09:41 AM
Hi, I also have this problem. I am only adding this in the hope that more people suffering may increase the urgency of the fix. No doubt you guys are working on it already. Thanks :-)
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Every vote counts.
As per the ticket status, one of our developer is already working on a fix for this issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
- ukukeeAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Thank you. Please also advise if it will be possible to recover the failed submission. I really don't want to ask the person to re-submit!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Unfortunately no, it looks like the voice was never saved.
This usually happens if the user does not click on "Allow" button on the browser.
I made a test submission on your form and it was recorded. And, it is shown on the submissions page.
- pierangelaAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:00 PM
hi @aytekin, I just saw it thanks so much!!! Woohooo its working!!!!
- ukukeeAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:05 PM
I have fully tested this and it does work. How come your colleague above has a case open with techs looking in to it? This makes things quite confusing. I will have to go back to the user and discuss what process they went through when they submitted. Thank you for your assistance aytekin
- pierangelaAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:17 PM
@aytekin I am so sorry but there is still a glitch, I made a 2 minute long recording and it did not generate a URL for the recording, neither in the email notification, nor in the Submissions section. I think you have a restriction on the file size? But I think at least it should allow for a good 3 to 5 minutes of recording time.
PS: I ran two more tests before posting this on the message board. I ran a test for a 10 second recording, worked perfectly. Ran a test for a 2:01 recording, and it didnt generate a recording URL.
- ukukeeAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:22 PM
OK, this would make sense, I only tested with very short recordings and I suspect my user's recordings were quite long. This is why I am loathed to go back to them and tell them it didn't work. Please keep us updated as to your progress in fixing this. Please also confirm what the maximum recording time per widget and per submission is?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 02:36 PM
OK, changed the ticket title accordingly "Bug - Long Voice Recordings on Voice Recording Jotform Widget are not Saved".
One of our developers will look into it.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 30, 2014 at 01:17 AM
Hello pierangela & ukukee,
The probem that I noticed is that the recording is in upload progress while the form was submitted. Of course longer recordings means larger files which also means longer saving process.
I've added a saving status that should show if the recording has already been saved.
Please let us know if you have other questions or concerns.
- pierangelaAnswered on April 01, 2014 at 04:19 PM
Thanks so much!!!!! Great!!!!