- junglerolfAsked on July 15, 2011 at 09:01 AM
i can't find the answers in your User Guide or...
i'm using old forms.
they have collapsable sections heads with arrows on right.
1. i can no longer find this feature in new JotForm, where is it?
2. or how can one duplicate form elements within same form?
3. also, how can one copy JF form parts to import into another JF form?
4. your forms behave oddly, despite my embedding the specific iWeb html, see:
the collapse feature is inconsistent, doesn't behave as it should...
- DanielGriffinAnswered on July 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM
I'll answer your questions in the points you've given.
1. The form collapse feature is available from the survey Tools panel in the form builder:
2. I'm afraid that it is not possible to duplicate form elements within the same form, you will need to add them as new elements.
3. Likewise, it's not possible to copy only certain elements into a new form. However a good way to get around this is to create a template form that you can use to import and base your new forms on. That way you will start your new forms with the elemnt that you use most often.
4. I see several forms on your page that all appear to have the same problem. You seem to have a div and then an iframe for each form, and inside the iframe is the jotform iframe. You probably don't need the iweb iframe, so you could try removing that and just using the div. Either the iWeb div or the iWeb iframe are too small for the form. This seems to be a common issue with iWeb as I have encountered many users with the same problem. To get around it, modify your css to make the parent divs larger. The parent divs on your page are named similar to this "widget2-html-snippet" (obviously each has a different number). If you need any further assistance, please let me know and i'll do my best to help you through it.
- junglerolfAnswered on July 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM
but on Q4:
i did not modify anything for iWeb.
all i did was drop the iWeb "HTML Snippet" onto my iWeb page. then i pasted in the iWeb embedding from JotForm.
so, how does the iFrame appear, i did not create it.
how do i get rid of iFrame in iWeb?
as for either frame being to small, not showing entire forms, how do i increase frame?
if i increase frame, and form is collapsed, but frame is opened to longest part of form, then if closed, will it not show a blank form until it's uncollapsed? that looks odd too. how can there not be a frame so the collapsed form looks proper?
- DanielGriffinAnswered on July 15, 2011 at 01:17 PM
I am not too familiar with iWeb. It sounds like iWeb just wraps the iframe up in a div by itself so. If it is generating the code for the iframe then there should be an option to change the height somewhere in iWeb.
If you can't find it, try looking for a option to edit the source of the page, then search for "widget2-html-snippet" (the iweb div for one of your forms) or "widget2-frame" (the iweb iframe for the same form). widget2-frame has a height of 100%. Try setting it to a value in pixels, ie change
style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"
style="width: 100%; height: 600px;" (for example)
Also, have a look at these links:
Hopefully thast should solve it, but if not please do get back to me and i'll see what else I can come up with.