- ronaldlthomasAsked on March 06, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Is it possible to build a multipage form where the initial page of the form is a lightbox popup and the "Next" pushes the data entered into a normal html page where the remaining information can be entered?
so... Lightbox (or other) popup
Then... Form which includes any info from popup
Thank you page.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 02:41 PM
Why not create two forms, one that loads on a lightbox and redirects to the second form using the redirect URL for the thank you page?
Would you consider this? Please let us know.
- ronaldlthomasAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 02:58 PM
That could work if I can auto-fill the data from the first form submission on the thank you page.
Is that possible?
From what I've read on jotform so far I thought you could display form values on your thank you page redirect... but that would not be the same as pre-filling those values into the second form.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 04:03 PM
Yes that's possible. Prepopulating data from first form to another form using URL parameters is possible. Here's how:
1. Copy the field tags in your 1st form. These tags must be the fields that you'd like to pass to the 2nd form.
To get the field tags, just right click the field, select "Show Properties" then look for the name line on its properties. See this image:
2. Use this app to prepopulate data to your second form. http://prepopulate.jotform.io/. Just browse your 2nd form, fill in sample values and generate the URL. Copy the URL and paste it to notepad. Replace the sample values you've just filled with the field tags you copied from the first step.
3. Lastly, set that URL as your first form custom thank you URL.
Test your form afterwards. If you're having difficulties understanding the guide above or if you need further assistance, let us know.
- ronaldlthomasAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 04:49 PM
Awesome! Thank you for the quick response!
I'll try this method asap.