- uniresearcherAsked on March 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
every time i change one item in the form, then the translated form will gone. and every time I change 1 item, then i need to retype the translated form. is there any button that i can save my translated form?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 12, 2014 at 01:14 PM
Sorry about that - it is indeed unexpected behavior -
I checked your form - and indeed there are some fields that are yet to be fully tranlsated
I would like to understand what is causing this:
1. What changes do you make on the form such that the translation's dissapear?
However, I would suggest the following to prevent losing your changes:
1. Make the changes on the form as desired
2. Set up your translation
3. Save the form using the normal method:
4. When you need to make changes to the form, clone it first to make a copy - then make the changes as desired.
I hope this helps.
You can also review the changes you made on your form and undo anything you did, rerverting to an old version where necessary. Use this guide to accomplish this.
Let us know if you hit a bump.
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 11:20 AMHi *TitusN,*
Can you go to my form and have a look on the cloned form, i want to
translate the first Chinese paragraph into English, but it does not work ,
and whenever i try to translate it, all other translated items are gone.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 01:49 PM
It's working just fine. Check your cloned form: http://www.jotform.me/form/40744051547452?
First, you must set the Chinese language as default since that's the default language used on your form.
Next, edit the English language and do the English translations ( This is only possible when you switched the form builder language to Chinese). Make sure to click save 'green' button afterwards.
Here's how it works on my cloned form.
Hope this helps!
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 09:40 PMHi!
but other columns' translation are gone like the title"Uniresearcher
Research Work Upload Form", the first text box"English Full Name", they
remain in chinese character and the english translate i type disappeared.
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 05:30 AM
Kindly repost your reply on this thread so that we may be able to assist you further.
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 07:48 AM
i have cloned my form, and want to translate the chinese paragraph on the second row. but whenever i translate the paragraph, other columns' translations are gone.
- EliezerNAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM
In order to fix the form you need to remove the current untraslated field:
After removing it add a new one, then insert the text into it, but at this time insert the text translated to English already, not in Chinese.
Then, save the form and preview it, it should work correctly now. I applied that solution to my cloned form and it worked: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40753988579981
I hope this works for you too. Please inform us if you still need assistance with this inquiry.
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM
it does not work. the chinese one is gone.
here is my cloned form: http://form.jotform.me/form/40758741948468
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Can you please retry again the configuration of translation in your form for that paragraph.
Make sure the translation is properly Save before closing the configuration window.
I tested it on a basic form just to be sure, and it work just fine
- uniresearcherAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Jonathan thanks for your help, but i think the problem is not the one you've mentioned, and i think EliezerN understands my question. thanks
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 03:21 AM
Have you followed the steps mentioned by my colleague @EliezerN? Upon testing his cloned version, I found it to be working as expected. Please check the screenshot below:
You should clone the form which is shared by my colleague @EliezerN. Will that not work? The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-a-URL