- gheldermanAsked on July 18, 2011 at 06:17 PM
I am creating a site for a restaurant/club. In the contact section they have 4 different divisions with multiple emails for each. Can I create a drop down menu that you can select a certain division and it goes to that divisions emails without going to all the other divisions.
For example, their categories are wedding, vip, catering and general inquiries. I need to be able to select wedding and have the email get sent to their section without the emails going to vip, catering and general inquiries.
I know you can have the form get sent to multiple emails but each category has its own set of emails the form needs to go to.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 18, 2011 at 07:40 PM
Thanks for asking. This can be done with your form. What you need to do is set email conditions on the Category field, where a notification is sent to the entitity selected by the user.
Here's an example of how the first condition might be configured:
1. Load the form into the form builder
2. While on the Setup & Embed tab, click the Conditions toolbar button and when the Conditions Wizard loads, select Send an e-mail after submission and click Next
3. Set the following condition and save it:
You have four "Email from guest" alerts attached to your form but after saving the above condition, you will notice that one of them has a Conditional label on it. This means it will NOT be sent unless the condition or conditions attached to it are met.
You actually don't need the other three "Email from guest" email alerts. All you need to do is use the conditions wizard to direct the one notification according to the category selected by the user.
If you need clarification on this or any other aspect of our product, please feel free to post the question on the forum. Our team will be happy to assist you in whatever way we can.
- gheldermanAnswered on July 18, 2011 at 07:55 PMAwesome! Thank you so much for your help! Sending to multiple emails though
to the same condition/category, can I just put a comma and write in multiple
emails, or do I have to set up a new condition for each email even if its
for the same category.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 18, 2011 at 08:01 PM
Yes, you can put a comma between each email in the Conditions Wizard just as you would in the Recipient Address field of the notification.
Glad you found my reply above helpful. We're always happy to help our users.