What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Issues with conditions - hidden fields are showing when the rules say they should notAsked by limmudatl on March 13, 2014 at 01:14 PM
I am having trouble with the hide/show conditions on only one question on my form. I set it up based on the conditions logic information in the user guide, but it is not working for question "How would you like to pay?" at the bottom of the form. Any insight?
I've examined your form and will make reccomendations.
Just to quickly explain the principle of the show /hide conditional logic
1. Each condition is composed of a rule (equal to, empty, is not equal to.. etc) and an action (show/hide)
2. It is possible for one condition to have multiple rules and multiple actions - it is reccomended
3. You cannot 'hide' a form field in one condition and 'show' it in another, why?
- because the 'show' action always hides the referenced field by default if the rule is not true
- and the 'hide' action always shows a field by default if the rule is not true
Having said that, here's how your rules should look :
Here's a copy of your form with those corrections.
Please test it out and advice on whether the form behaves as expected. We will help and fix the behavior, then you can clone the form and use it as your own.
Thank you for the response, I now have a better understanding of the
The form link you sent me said error, but I went in to my form directly and
made the corrections, 2/3 of them work, but the third does not:
If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via credit card - to be paid in
monthly installments" - WORKING
If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via check" - WORKING
If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via credit card - to be paid
now in full" - NOT WORKING
Here are the conditions I made after fixing:
[image: Inline image 1]
Thank you. The link you sent also has the "How would you like to pay"
conditions as incorrect, because the pay by credit card option should
disappear if you are paying by check.
On my screenshot I tried to send you it was showing the conditions as
1. If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via credit card - to be paid
in monthly installments" then SHOW credit card payment, SHOW what month
would you like your payments to go through?
- this one is WORKING (the correct two options show, and the other is
2. If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via check" then SHOW check
payment or applying for financial aid
- this one is WORKING (the correct option shows, and the other two are
3. If "how would you like to pay" is equal to "via credit card - to be paid
now in full" then SHOW credit card payment
- this one is NOT WORKING (the credit card payment option does not show
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 5:26 PM, JotForm Support Forum ...
Hi, based on the conditions you are giving, I have set them up on my cloned version, these are the conditions I used:
Try it and let me know if that is what you need. https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/40718003935956?
Perfect, thank you!
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM, JotForm Support Forum <