- uscaldwellAsked on March 18, 2014 at 01:35 AM
What happened to my forms?
Suddenly critical parts of my forms are missing - namely the ordered by information as well as the submit and payment buttons.
A couple of others just have error code. It was all working perfectly a week ago.
Here is how they had been (and are supposed to be):
Here is the forms with the 'poof' problem:
Here is the error code problem:
This is a HUGE problem - I have not received orders the entire week I was out of town. Probably because of all of these issues. Please help!!!!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 06:54 AM
Do you mean to say that submit buttons from your forms are removed automatically?
Have you or anyone else form your team not did the changes? Upon checking your form's revision history, I found there were 6 updated made to your form today and several of your form fields were removed. Please check the screenshot below:
Please be noted that you can take advantage of our "Revision History" feature and revert back your form to any of your earlier versions. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/blog/95-Introducing-Form-Revisions-Never-Lose-Your-Work-Again-
The same issue is with your other forms as well. Please revert the changes and that should solve your problem. You need to also find out if someone else from you team did the changes.
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 07:10 AMThank you. I am the only person with access to my forms and I absolutely did not make any changes. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even on the jotform site until after I found the issues on my website. Is it possible to 1) see who was in my account, and 2) these were all set up using the PayPal pymt wizard - could there have been some type of issue there?
Also - why would an update cause some of my embedded forms to be truncated while others displayed the error code I showed you?
Sent from my iPhone
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 07:41 AM
I was just checking the revision history per your suggestion. I noted my Royals form doesn't list any revisions other than those made when I created the form on March 7, 2014. (Started as a duplicate form and then modified). However, this form has also had the same fields removed. Does a change to the 'master' form also cause the same changes to be made to any forms that were made as duplicates? Here is a sample:
In the meantime, I have gone ahead and changed my password - but it is more likely some type of a glitch as opposed to someone outside of me or JotForm having access to my account
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Sorry about that.
Your history logs are consistent with access from one location -and within the dates you indicated - so you could be right - no one else but you has access to your account.
And No- changes on a master form do not transfer to a cloned copy.
I checked your form's - and it appears that it was an internal glitch.
I have notified our developers who will take a closer look and advice.
The following are the forms we will take a look at:
Thank you for your patience.
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:39 AMAgain, thank you. Should I wait and here back from the developers before I do anything to the forms? I don't want to mess up what they are seeing, and if it is a glitch then it will probably occur again if I change the forms back. On the other hand, I really need these corrected soon rather than later. I have an appointment with a customer at 2:00 CST today - complete with a demo of the forms and site.I appreciate your time - and that JotForm has such great customer service!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM
We would definately appreciate it if our developers took a look first before any changes on the form are done - I believe understanding the cause is critical to preventing the glitch from ever happening.
In the meantime, you can clone these copies of your form to aleviate any inconvinience:
We will update you as soon as the issue is deliberated.
Thank you for understanding and patience - it is well appreciated.
- jiujitzAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
The same has happened to me on 3 forms. How do i get it back, it is also gone on all the revised history. something like 39 fields deleted. please help.
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:56 AMOkay. I'll proceed as suggested. (BTW - I hate autocorrect - above should be ' "hear" from the...' Not, '"here" from the...')
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
We have already created a ticket on this issue and forwarded it to our back end team. As suggested, please clone the form. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update on this from our back end team.
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 03:44 PM
For your back end team:
Just a thought, but I used a widget to add a horizontal line after the "Text Line 5" field. Everything deleted from all of my tagabag forms (whether or not they show revisions) begins at the line and all fields below the line. Could the widget be what's triggering the glitch?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 06:45 PM
I am not quite sure about the source of the issue, but we will make sure to find and fix it. Have you used the 'Form Separator', 'Spacer' or some other Widget on your form?
- uscaldwellAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 07:30 PMHey Mike -