- AscendLeadershipAwardAsked on July 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Our members said they have submitted forms, but we have not been receiving all of them.
If you look at the jotform tracking numbers, it skipped about 6 or 7 of them. For example, the control number went from 19 tp 26.
Please assist, as it is very important for us to receive all nomination forms from our platinum sponsors and members.
212 248 4888
- brx250Answered on July 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Thank you for using JotForm.
One possibility is that you might have created tests submissions and deleted them. If that's the case, that might explain the jump from 18-25. Have you had issues before that might need testing? If yes, then that might lead the possible cause, and if not, we might need to look into these further.
Albert | JotForm Support
- AscendLeadershipAwardAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 09:15 AM
Thanks for your response. We have not deleted any forms. Also, we’ve retained our test ones too.
Is there any way for you to retrieve the missing ones for us?
We are missing the following submission #s – 9, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
Also, we have other jotforms running (other accounts) and did not have problems with the other account.
- brx250Answered on July 21, 2011 at 09:48 PM
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have brought you, but unfortunately, there's currently no way for you to retrieve form submissions in JotForm. In as much as I would like to look into this deeper, may I ask first if you had issues before that might need to create a test submission with this form.
Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you for your patience.
Albert | JotForm Support
- AscendLeadershipAwardAnswered on July 21, 2011 at 10:19 PMWe were testing to see if the link was active, and to see if the auto responder works. But no issues before this one.
We really need all our forms, and that is a reason why we are using the paid version. Is there someone we can escalate to? We need all forms ASAP since the deadline of nominations submission is on July 22nd, and we have to announce the winners ASAP
Please assist and treat as urgent. We really appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Sent from my iPad
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 04:08 AM
A submitted entry getting lost is very unlikely. Once a form is submitted, and the confirmation message displayed, the submission data will be automatically stored in our server. It will not be lost unless deleted accidentally or there was a server outage. To my knowledge, the last outage we had was months ago, and there haven't been any reports such as this nowadays.
One of the more possible reasons as to why this issue occured is that there was a problem with the script responsible for assigning unique ID's to form submissions. Do you have this form embedded in another page? If yes, can you please provide us the url to this page?
I'm leaning towards the probability that the unique id unexpectedly skipped as opposed to the submissions getting lost. In my opinion, the former is more likely to happen.
As we are eager to resolve this issue, we will be looking forward to your response. Thank you and have a nice day!
- AscendLeadershipAwardAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 09:50 AMThe link where this form is embedded is www.ascendleadership.org/nominations
We are missing some nominations, as we were given some names by our sponsors that we could not find on the list
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 25, 2011 at 08:37 AM
I checked the database and pending submissions. I was not able to find anything. Did you receive any emails for those missing submissions?
Three possible reasons comes to my mind:
1. They were deleted from submissions page accidentally
2. You might have changed the unique ID start number
3. There was a problem on our system and the submissions were lost.
If (1) or (2) happened there is nothing we can do. I'd suggest changing the account password. I find (3) very unlikely since we receive 50,000 submissions a day. If we had a problem on our system even for a very small period, other users would have notified us. Nobody else reported a similar problem.
- AscendLeadershipAwardAnswered on July 25, 2011 at 02:46 PMWe did not do # 1 or 2, so there must be something wrong in your system
Sent from my iPad
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 25, 2011 at 10:56 PM
You should have received an email notification to nominations@a....org email address for all your submissions.
I'm not sure how it jumped just like that without it being edited, but if indeed there are submissions that are missing, please provide us the details of the IDs from JF-2011-Nominee19 to JF-2011-Nominee24.
Sharing with us the details from your email notifications of these missing submissions will definitely help in further investigating what happened. If the information in it is too sensitive, please let us know so we can set this thread to private.
We'll wait for your response with the details.