- AKAsked on July 21, 2011 at 08:51 PM
I keep getting empty sumissions sent to my email. I have got like 6 empty emails within 30 mints.
- allanftdAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 02:08 AM
Thanks for bringing this up with us. You might be a victim of an automated form submissions robot or spamming application that targeted one of your forms.
JotForm protects you from these unwanted "spam submissions" in two ways:
1) Using the Strict Check option found in the Preferences button'sAdvanced Settings tab to prevent multiple submissions from a particular IP address.
2) Using Captcha form validation (under Power Tools) to ensure that your forms are not being submitted by annoying robots or autosubmission software. This I believe you have used in your forms already.
We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- cdmaflasherAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Thanks for your respond!
I do have the captcha activated. do i need to do the other option as well?
- allanftdAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Thanks for responding back. It will be a good idea to do so, but you have to keep in mind that a computer that uses static IP address can no longer submit through your form more than once. So first, I would recommend that you observe the behavior of your submissions in the next few days. Monitor if you keep on experiencing this issue on a daily basis to the point that it is becoming an inconvenience to you. If it keeps on happening, then try to use strict check along with the Captcha field and see if the blank submissions still happen.
Please get back to us with your observations and lets see if we need to change our strategy against the blank submisisons.
Thank you for your patience.
- cdmaflasherAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Thank you! I will keep an eye on them.
Can you please take off the link to my website from above? couldnt figure it out. :)
- allanftdAnswered on July 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM
No problem, cdmaflasher. I have removed the link to your website on this thread also.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.