- strategicdifferencesAsked on March 25, 2014 at 07:35 AM
Hi - I am collceting informaiton andneed to identify clients using an extrenal numebr provided to them. I would like them to enter the number twice and have a conditonal field wher eif they are equal to each oth erits fine , otherwise an error messag ecan appear prompting them to check the number entered. The conditon wizard does not seem to support this. Is tehre another way toachievbe this?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 09:50 AM
You are right. Our conditional wizard does not support this but it may be possible to achieve your requirement by downloading your form's source code and adding some custom script
We would require some clarification to understand your requirement better:
1. What is the number count of clients who will identify them?
2. I would like them to enter the number twice. Are you not going to match with any external source just the input value of two text boxes will suffice?
3. If both the input value of text box match, what information you want to display or you just want the validation that the value of both text box should match?
- strategicdifferencesAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 07:12 PM
Hi thanks for your resposne, In order of your questions:
1. I dont know how many clients but customer number will be a 4-8 digit number in length.
2. I am going to match it wiht external source but clients often enter numebrs incorrectly - by havign them enter it twice it will be like ht eemial validation that is already available in your email field - it will just tell the client they made a mistake so it prompts ot check and correct
3.I cant take the source code route as I am not embedinng the form ( at present) may do down the track once I can have a website set up. HOw can I achive the validation wihtout this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 09:31 PM
Thanks for your additional details.
I am sorry though but we do not have available solution for your requirements except when you go source code embedding. However, since source code embedding is not your option, I have forwarded this as a feature request so this will be considered in the future updates. I guess a widget that would perform such validation would be a feasible solution for this. Hopefully, one from the higher ups will be able to consider this feature.
- strategicdifferencesAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 09:50 PMThanks! How soon may this be available - I imagine such a widget would be
useful in a lot of different circumstances!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:26 AM
My colleague have already sent the feature request to our back end team. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you an ETA on this as it completely depends upon the feasibility and priority of our development team.
We will get back to you if there are any update on this feature request.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 02:43 AM
This is possible for email address confirmations but we don't have such feature for other fields.
We have opened a ticket about your request and we will consider implementing it in the future.
- strategicdifferencesAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 09:33 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 11:08 PM
There was already a submitted ticket for this feature. But I would like to tell you right away that this feature is not in the high priority list at this time. This may take a while to get an update if ever it will be implemented.
In any case, our dev team will update this thread for the status whenever it is available.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 08, 2014 at 03:13 AM
We have implemented a field confirmation widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/field_confirmation
Please check and let us know if you have any questions or feedback.
- strategicdifferencesAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Thanks that's terrific but the form widget no longer has validation similar to the text field - so I cant limit it to numeric or a certain minimum and maximum length - unless I did not undersatdn the features completely -what do you suggest?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 14, 2014 at 02:41 AM
The "Field Confirmation" widget is not limited to just numeric validation. It will match any text be it numeric / alphanumeric or alphabets. Please check the screenshot below:
Do check and get back to us if you have any questions.