- HRMinkAsked on March 25, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Is there a way to unselect a radio button? Once it's selected it can only be changed to another option in the same question. However it cannot be unselected.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 04:38 PM
I'm afraid there is not.
For now you have two options (perhaps more upon further consideration) to overcome this:
1. Use the Checkboxes instead:
Those can be unselected.
2. Add a 'Reset Form' button:
This will reset all results on the form - Including the radio button selections.
Let us know if this helps.
- HRMinkAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 05:11 PM
Yeah may have to swap out all the radio buttons for checkboxes. Thank you! You guys provide prompt support and I'm very appreciative.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 05:12 PM
Much Obliged - here to help if you need us.
- sdmformAnswered on March 08, 2015 at 01:20 AM
You can actually use the Conditions and "Update a form field value" to output to your radio button field a value that does not exist. For example I have a radio button that has "Yes" "No" options and if based on another fields condition if I set the output to 0 it will clear the radio button selection.
That worked for me.. :-)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 08, 2015 at 10:43 AM
You're right. This is now possible since radio and check boxes has been recently added in the update a form field value condition. I believe this wasn't available the time my colleague replied to @HRMink.
Thank you anyway for your workaround. That's greatly appreciated. :)