- ksirajAsked on March 31, 2014 at 09:14 AM
A user (on Sarari) was filling in the form and everytime he pressed enter, the form submitted. How do I stop this happening?
- CarinaAnswered on March 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM
I will look further for a code solution on this and will get back to you.
- CarinaAnswered on April 06, 2014 at 04:04 PM
It is necessary that you download and edit the form's source code:
Now it is necessary that you paste only the green parts into your form's source code. The script part is inserted inside the <head> tag. The "onkeydown" needs to be added to all the fields where we wish to disable enter key:
<FORM id="FORM2" name="FORM2" method="GET" action="testSubmit.htm" style="background-color:lightblue"> <H3>Form2: Stops form submission when user presses ENTER key.</H3> <INPUT id="text2" name="text2" onkeydown="testForEnter();"> <INPUT type="submit" value="Submit">
You can test this form. Only the name field has this code associated, because it is important to keep the enter function on the comment box:
Let us know if we can be of assistance.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 17, 2016 at 04:56 PM
For some reason your reply seems to have come empty, please let us know if you need more help we will be glad to assist you.
- ksirajAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 03:44 AMHi, thanks for the message, the matter is solved so no further action
required. Thank you.
BSc Ayurveda (Manipal), MChem (Oxon), MAPA
020 3166 5086 / 07980 285 268
22 Hogarth Way, Hampton, TW12 2EL
- PCIrishAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 07:40 PM
This is nuts. If I could figure out how to do this, I probably would not have needed JOTFORM in the first place. Please, Jotform, give us another solution.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 08:47 PM
@PCIrish, I see you have opened a thread for your concern: https://www.jotform.com/answers/854877, you will be assisted there, thanks.