What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Cities of "X" Country widgets would not show the list of cities when conditioned to show or hide..Asked by CMSELIT on April 20, 2014 at 01:11 PM
I am trying to build a form where when I make my first selection on the form, the second field options chage.
Eg Country is selected then the seccond field on the form shows the list of cities in those countries only.
Rest of the forms remain the same.
Hi, you can accomplish that by following this steps:
1) Under Widgets type "Cities of" and the name of the country, add it to your form.
2) Click on Setup&Embed
3) Click on Conditions
4) Select Show/Hide a form field
5) Set the conditions, and click save:
6) Click on Add New Condition, and do the same with the others.
Here is my sample form, however, I see the cities would not show when setting condional logics, I have reported this to our second level for correction. You may try adding the widgets and clicking on preview to see they are showing when not conditioned.
hi @CMSELIT ,ok we understand your problem.here is the simple way that you can work easily.
1. go to your jotform id and open the form which-one you want make the country-cities relation.
2. make a dropdown list for county and for every county make a city list (dropdown list) .same as the picture below-
3. click on the condition icon shown on top.you'll have a window same as below-
select on show/hide and click next.
4. make the condition as your desire ( example - for country bangladesh i make it show cities of bangladesh).see the following picture-
5. after clicking on save you can add more condition such as for every countries select cities list.same as below-
6. click on finish when you done and check it.
best of luck @ Md.imran
Oh wow, fab md_imran- this should work. I think I was trying to add 'levels' in one condition but I needed to create NEW CONDITION as you mentioned in Step 5.
Thanks- hope this works and will be trying it now!
you are most welcome @CMSELIT.hope your problem is solved.If any problem ask us frankly here.
Totally works :)