- gceitAsked on April 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Ran into a problem when creating an excel report this morning.
I recieve an error when opening an excel file generated from a report.
The error is "Excel cannot open the file'.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."
Using Microsoft Excel 2010 to open the file.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Upon checking your account, I see no forms on it. If you have deleted your form, there is no way to retrieve it in your account. If the form is in another account, an alternative would be to open the file using google drive.
Let us know if any more help is required.
- gceitAnswered on April 23, 2014 at 01:44 PM
The problem existed because the form had 0 submission. I thought the excel header row would still show even if there were 0 submissions.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 23, 2014 at 03:06 PM
Thank you for your update. We will submit a ticket about the issue to our Development Team.
- alp_denizAnswered on May 04, 2014 at 05:41 AM
The issue is permanently resolved. Thank you for reporting
- GunalanAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 06:15 AM
Recently our sharedrive is corrupted due to virus attack, we have tried all the method to repair the file excel and word but unable to find any software which can fix the corrupted file. as i read your messages the issue consider resolve. can i know how to solve the corrupted file? i really need your help?
- CharlieAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Please refer to this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/668681. We will address your concern there.