language detection using pre-populate?

  • Profile Image
    Asked on January 14, 2022 at 12:15 PM

    Hi, I'm using multiple forms in a sequence and provide multiple languages using auto-language detection. The problem for the user is that each form has a very long loading time due to the auto-language detection.

    Would it be possible to pass the language selection on from one form to the other, so that auto-language detection can be disabled?

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 14, 2022 at 03:35 PM

    Hi @bastiaanspohr,

    Yes It is possible you can pass the selected language from one form to another I can see that you have applied redirection to other form on submit{info}&r4031={r4031}&date={date}

    You can append the language parameter to change the form language automatically

    Like language=de

    If you will select Deutsch in the language dropdown of the form, you will be redirected here:{info}&r4031={r4031}&date={date}

    You can add Change Thank You Page conditions to auto pass the selected language.


    You can add the conditions for English and Nederlands

    I hope it helps

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 16, 2022 at 07:34 AM

    Thank you, that works perfectly!

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 18, 2022 at 05:13 AM


    It seems that I was a bit too early concluding that it worked perfectly.

    There is still a 5 second period in which the standard English text is displayed before the translation shows up. Any ideas how to get rid of that time gap?



  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 18, 2022 at 07:16 AM

    Hi Bastiaan,

    Let me review this and I will get back to you as soon as I can.


  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 18, 2022 at 01:25 PM

    Thank you for waiting, Bastiaan!

    I checked your form and I can replicate the 5-second gap before the translation shows up.

    I also did clear the form cache but it didn't help resolve the issue.

    Then, I tried this demo on a classic form, and it didn't have the issue-

    Here's another CARD form I made and added the translation which also seems to have a gap-

    Given the number of pages you have on your form, this might be expected behavior.

    Kindly check the links I shared and let us know your thoughts.