- CDinternAsked on April 24, 2014 at 03:32 PM
I created an event registration form for an upcoming golf tournament. (I uploaded a screen shot)
I used the Event Regisration Template.
My trouble is this: I have created a Golfer 1, Golfer 2, Golfer 3, and Golfer 4 information section. Each applicant is suppose to fill out weather they are buying a Single Person ticket or a Foursome. If they choose Single Person, we want them to just fill out Golfer 1 information, and not Golfer 2, 3, and 4. But the form will not let a Single Person ticket buy fill out just Golfer 1, it makes them fill out all four sections before proceeding.
How can I redesign or set up the form so that this problem is corrected??
I appreciate the help, thank you.
- EliezerNAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 05:16 PM
What you can do to avoid this behaviour is to setup conditions to let your users to choose how many tickets they want to buy.
Please take a look at this cloned version of your form: http://form.jotform.co/form/41136178992866
If you select Single Person Package, just the Golfer 1 fields will be available to fill out and the other Golfer fields will be hidden, unless other package is chosen.
That way if your customer select just one it the required fields that were not filled in will not affect the submission process because they are hidden.
You can clone my form by following this guide: How to clone an existing form from a URL Just make sure that if you clone my form, you update the Authorize.net account information.
To accomplish that I followed the conditional workaround explained here: How to Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once Based On a Single Conditional Entry
So, I did the next procedure:
1. I added form collapses just before each set of fields for each Golfer and set their Status to Open and the Visibility as Hidden:
2. Then proceeded to setup the Hide/Show conditions:
The first one is this one that will show the Golfer 1 if any of the three packages is chosen:
- Second Condition to show the 2 if the Twosome or Foursome pagackages are chosen:
- And the third condition that will show the Golfer 3 and 4 if the Foursome package is chosen:
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this query.