- joss3ekAsked on April 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM
But without having to put the actual url in the custom url option, because if the client changes server it will not work. I want to prevent that. the only one that will prevent this is the custom thank you option, but i dont want the thank you page showing jotfor branding, url or favicon. I just want to modify the url after i hit submit in the dreamweaver code, so i can link the html i want and avoid the problem with the server change.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 01:48 PM
You can use the custom URL instead.Please check this guide for further details
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 01:52 PM
Notice 2 things on that guide:
1. The thank you URL is https://shots.jotform.com/elton/mythankyoupage.html you can replace it with your own domain and webpage
2. And the redirect website URL is https://www.jotform.com/help/ which can be another webpage in your own domain, if you want to
- joss3ekAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Thanks but isn´t there a way to modify that directly in the code, the software (dreamweaver) as you may know links the page, in a way that no matter how many times I change the server it will redirect me to that file, meanwhile with the custom url, and the option you gave me I have to point the exact adress, meaning that when the client changes the server it will not work.
- joss3ekAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 02:09 PM
Or is there a way to point to a html file via url without the full address? instead of www.123.com/contact something like .../contact, that doesnt work obviously, but thats the idea somethig to avoid broken links in case of a change of server.
- JotForm SupportBrianPauloAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Are we talking about changing server with a different domain? If yes, then the best way to achieve your goal is to use the custom URL thank you page. Alternatively, you can create a redirect page that will link you to the page you want, which works exactly the same way as the custom thank you page by the way.
If that is not an option for you, then I suggest you keep your domain each time you change your server instead. That way, you won't have to edit the URL everytime you change servers.