- RiversurferAsked on April 25, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Hi, first of all: I love jotforms -- this is the greatest form tool out there that I've ever seen -- Huge respect! There is only two things which are really annoying:
(1) After having finished the translations and closing the translation mode some of the translations simpyl get lost. For some reason some of the fields get translated and some don't. It seems to be completely random and independent of field types or so.
(2) When going back to a translated version and edit some of the fields that have already been translated and then saving the form, the translations that haven't been touch get lost. So that leads to the problem that everytime I need to make and edit to the translated languages, I need to translate the ENTIRE form AGAIN! And then problem 1 comes in to play too ... some of the fields simply don't get saved...
This is the form I'm talking about (but this behaviour must be true for all of your clients):
It would be super awesome if you could have a look at this. I've been talking to others that suffer from the same issues. It's really almost impossible to translate a form at the moment...
Thanks heaps for your help!!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2014 at 05:16 PM
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
I suspect that there might be some issues with translation of the Text (HTML) fields, since the translation tool was created for the standard form inputs in the first place. However, so far my translation tests have been successful.
There is one thing that might be tricky, the Save button at the bottom of the windows is not saving current field updates:
In order to save the changes it is required to use first the Save button of the particular field you are working on.
Is there any way that missing translation data is related to this behavior?
Also, if there are any specific steps to reproduce the issue(s), please let us know.
- KoinAnswered on May 08, 2014 at 03:43 AM
I agree with Riversurfer that Jotforms is extremely helpful.
However, the behavior of the translations tool is extremely painful.
I am saving translation fields one by one, then save the full box as described by you above. Then I could even look at the preview with all the translation included – the next time I open the languages box, all translations have disappeared and all translations get lost with the next change. All translations get lost, as soon as I open one specific languages. (Base language is German, we want to translate to English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
I think there is a severe bug in the translation tool that Riversurfer and I are experiencing.
We are about to submit a form to around 800.000 people – this should be fixed beforehand…