- loribellaAsked on August 01, 2011 at 03:35 PM
I see that I can create a custom email reply to the customer that they will automatically receive when they submit the form. I have a few questions:
1. I sell an online course. I want a PayPal button on my form for that course so that when they submit it, they will automatically make a PayPal payment. Then they will receive an autoresponse email from the form that gives them the link to the course they just paid for. But, what if their payment doesn't go through for whatever reason? Will they still get the autoresponse even though they haven't paid? Is their a way to integrate the payment and the autoresponse so that they only get it if the payment goes through? Or, better yet, one reponse for succesful payment (the link to my course) and a different response for unsuccessful payment?
2. I did put a PayPal option on my form, but because there is only one product, it says it will not show on my form. I guess that means that once they sign up and submit, they will be taken to PayPal to pay? I was hoping they could pay without leaving my site. How does this process work? Is there a way to make payment without leaving my site?
- brx250Answered on August 01, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Thank you for using JotForm.Your clients will automatically be redirected to PayPal's site to complete the purchase/payment. After the payment, PayPal sends verification to JotForm, and a notification/auto-reponse email will then be sent to you/to your clients. If the payment is not completed, JotForm will keep those submissions as "Pending". This can be seen on the upper part of your Submissions page. You can complete a pending submission if you received the payment by check or some other way. Or if you would like to still process the submission without the payment. In other words, emails will only be sent if the payment is succesful.
To know more about Pending Submissions, you might also want to read this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/12877-What-exactly-Pending-submissions-is-Does-it-mean-the-payment-is-not-valid-AND-if-I-complete-manually-a-submission-what-does-it-do-preciselyAs for your second question, when embedding your form's code to your site, try locating the <iFrame> tag or <form> tag from the source code and look for the target attribute. The target attribute value should be _blank not _self.
Hope this helps. If you do have further issues and concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Albert | JotFrom Support
- cbtcollegeAnswered on June 05, 2012 at 09:42 AM
I see this feature has been requested for months now and yet we are still waiting.
I am trying to promote an event and I can see several people completing the form but when they are about to pay they simply don't do it.
I would like to send an autoresponse email to all those people that didnt complete their registration remindind them that they can also register at location on the day of the event.
To get the "incomplete payments" information I have to get them manually, there is no export button. If there is not going to be support to get an "autoresponse after incomplete payment option" at least provide us with a simplier way to export the data of the incomplete payments.