- collinelcAsked on April 30, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I created a quiz form and set up my conditions. The quiz works fine but when the student wants to take the quiz again in order to get 100%, i had it set up to go back to the page with the questions. The only issue is the page still contains their previous answers.
Is there a way to clear the previous answers?
Let me give an example:
1. What is the current year?
2. How much is a quarter?
a. 25 cents
b. 10 cents
- The page that will be displayed will depend on the answers of the student.
- If all answers are correct, they get an email confirmation, if there is a wrong answer, then PAGE 2 will be displayed.
You did not get 100% on the quiz.
Would you like to try again?
- if yes, then it goes back to page 1- This is where the problem is, the previous answers are still selected. Is there a way to clear the previous answers?
- if no, then it goes to page 3.
Thank you for taking the quiz.
If all the answers are not correct, then it will go to page 3
- CesarAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 01:28 AM
You can add a Clear Form button on the form, like so:
Open your form on the Form Builder and add a Submit button to your form.
On the Properties of the Submit button, select the Yes value on the Reset Button option.
This will add a Clear Form button on your form. Please instruct your users to use it when needed. This will remove all filled answers.
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- collinelcAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM
This one will work if I want the submit button that the same page, but I dont want the submit button on the second page. I have that on the last page. I only want to clear the previous answers since they are taking the test again, but not the submit button.
Is there a work around that you can suggest?
- EliezerNAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Yes, there is a workaround you can apply in order to let your students clear the form from the first page.
This would require to add a second Submit button in the second page of the form, enable Clear Form button, hide the second submit button using CSS code so that only the Clear form button is displayed.
Here are the steps to accomplish the workaround I mention:
1. Add a second Submit button in the first page.
2. Enable the Clear Form function.
3. Then inject the next custom CSS code to the form to hide the Submit button:
That way the Submit will not appear anymore, just the Clear form button.
Here is how to inject CSS codes to form: How to inject custom CSS codes
I cloned your form and made the changes to it, here it is: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41195276456966
If you want to clone my form, then here is how to do it: How to clon an existing form from a URL
Since you had already added the second submit button and enabled the Clear form function, I simply injected the CSS code, and you can use the same code in your form.
Inform us if you need further assistance with this query.