- rrobertsgreencircleAsked on August 02, 2011 at 03:08 PM
We have tested our form on all types of devices and the only one that will not allow the upload is iphone. Any advice?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 02, 2011 at 03:18 PM
Could you please describe what exactly happens when you try uploading a file through your form using the iPhone browser? May we know which specific form is having this problem?
Also, try using Opera Mobile for iPhones to upload the file. Let us know of any results.
We'll be looking forward to your updates. Thanks!
- tulhAnswered on November 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM
iOS does not have a browsable file system like a computer, so even if Safari supported file uploads, you would not be able to browse to the file to select it.
- rhaynieAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 02:37 PM
I have clients using ICab browser for iphone to get around this Mobile Safari limitation. Anyone know of other alternative browsers that allow file uploads?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 05:01 PM
- bracesportAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 03:15 PM
it seems that the choose file to upload button does not work for iPhone or iPad.. are there any work arounds for this?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 04:33 PM
@bracesport, please try to use iCab Mobile browser for uploads using iPhone & iPad.
Please give it a try, and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- bracesportAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:06 PM
icab allows uploads only from their downloads list or from your photo library.. for now there isn't much else you can access within iPad or iPhone for uploading! so we will cope!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:12 PM
Thank you for sharing this information.
As far as I understand, this issue is caused by iOS limitations. We hope that Apple will implement some solution in the future.
- bracesportAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:13 PM
i added mov and aif to the upload extensions.. that should be ok?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:22 PM
It is fine, alternatively you can put an asterisk * to allow every extension.
Thank you for using our services.
- bracesportAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:26 PM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Update: We have a possible new solution for the file uploads on iphone/ipad. We have just added a new form field type under Power Tools called Filepicker.io.
Filepicker.io is a web service that lets your users choose files from the Cloud. Basically what that means is that your users can choose files from their Facebook, Dropbox, Box, Gmail etc. accounts. There is still an option to upload files from a computer.
So, if you use this new field type most users will upload files from their computer like before, but your users from mobile phone will have some options to pass the file through another app such as dropbox.
It is not a perfect solution, we wish we could just make the upload button work on iphone but unfortunately it is not possible. This solution does not make it easy but at least it makes it possible for some of your users.
You will need to sign-up (free for 2GB/month) with Filepicker.io and get an API key to use this feature. We have a blog post about it here:
- dasjellAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Where do the files/photo uploads go if using filepicker.io integrated into a jotform? Do they still have the associated user information?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 04:12 PM
The files go to our servers so you can download them as a normal upload file, or if you integrate the form with Dropbox they can go there.
- dasjellAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 04:19 PM
So a user adds all of their personal contact information via my form, uploads a photo and then checks out via paypal - and I can determine which uploaded photo belongs to which user correct? This will all be there together with the submissions correct?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 04:24 PM
Yes, each submission has a unique ID, so you will see the submitted data (personal information and payment information) along with the link to the uploaded file
- dasjellAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 04:25 PMGreat. Thank you.