- torqtorqAsked on April 30, 2014 at 09:09 AM
I noticed that the mobile app appears to be for viewing form results and not for submitting forms. Is there a mobile solution for filling out online forms that are not browser-based? If not, this system is useless to me.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Our Mobile Apps are intended for administration of your Jotform account - forms and submissions - not the actual filling of the form - I'm afraid you cannot use them to fill out the form:
We would however, be interested in helping you develop your mobile app that would be use to fill out your form -or at least point you in the right direction:
A few questions first:
1. Which form would you like to be used on a mobile app?
2. Which platform are you intending on using the app on (Iphone - Android - Windows Mobile)?
Looking forward to your response.
Related - resources to consider:
- torqtorqAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 10:31 AMTitus,
I noticed that the app was for viewing results only. This is not something
I need to do on a mobile phone; we need to collect data remotely at each of
our company's stores, and that data can be viewed at our convenience from a
1. I have built a store maintenance audit form that we would like our
employees to use at each of our store locations.
2. Our employees use iPads, but ideally it would support all three
platforms you mentioned.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM
So which form in your Jotform account would you like to convert to a mobile app?
Please respond with the form URL/Title - Could it be this one - http://www.jotform.com/41193444151145 ?
- torqtorqAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 11:01 AMTitus,
That is the only form I currently have in the system, so yes, that's the
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I believe your primary approach would be on Apple's platform.
You would need an Iphone developer to accomplish this - it is quite possible to create and publish an Iphone app using your form.
The process is quite lengthy as described here: http://support.brightcove.com/en/app-cloud/docs/step-step-guide-publishing-apple-app-store-using-mac
I'm considering an alternative that woudl be easier -
What do you think about having your form have an Icon on your homescreen (on the Iphone platform)- and opens using the browser - but with the form designed to look better for a mobile screen?
Let us know.