- J9sK9sAsked on May 01, 2014 at 12:52 PM
If I downgrade my subscription will I be able to keep all my existing forms and prior submissions?
- JotForm SupportBrianPauloAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Yes, you would still be able to use your forms as a free account and access your submissions. The only difference is that, free accounts are limited to 100 submissions or 10 SSL Secure connections or 10 received payments or 100Mb of storage.
Your account will be automatically suspended if any of those limits is reached.
Let us know if this answers your question.
- J9sK9sAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 02:01 PMThanks, Bryan – so I just click “downgrade” on the pricing tab and all my forms and data will stay on your server in my free account subscription. If I’m understanding this correctly, no need to reply - otherwise you’ve answered my question J.
Janine Pierce, CPDT-KA
J9's K9s Dog Training, Inc.
"Learn While You Play!"
- gori-mathewAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 02:08 PM
Yeah you are correct, please do feel free to let us know wherever you need our assistance.
- J9sK9sAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 05:29 PM
Sorry to be paranoid, but just want to make sure - when I click "downgrade" I get a window saying "To confirm cancellation of this subscription, click the Cancel Subscription button below." I'm not cancelling my account (or losing data) when I click "Cancel", right?
Thanks again (and again)!
- jedcadornaAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Yes your not are losing any data when you click on Cancel Subscription. What it does is just cancel your active subscription so no automatic charge will be incurred in your next due date.
Cancelling subscription will just cancel the active payment in your account.