- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 07:44 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly.
Do you mean say that you want to add a hidden checkbox and textbox in your form. When you select the checkbox then only auto-responder should be sent to the person who submitted your form?
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement and here are the steps:
1. Add a checkbox and text area (comments) field in your form.
2. Click on the gear icon of these two fields and then click "Hide Field". Please be noted that when you click "Hide Field", the fields will not be displayed to your users in form but you will be able to view these fields when you edit your submission. Please check the screenshot below:
3. Create a conditional "autoresponder" email to send the submission email to the form submitter only when the check box "Send email to form submitter" is selected as "Yes". The following guide should help you achieve this: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-send-to-a-specific-email-address-based-on-a-selection
4. Once you receive a submission, go to the submission page of your form.
5. Click on "Edit" button.
6. Once you click on the edit button, you will see the hidden fields are visible. You can select the checkbox and input comments on the textarea. Once the form is submitted, the submission email will be sent to the form submitter. Please check the screenshot below:
Please take a look at the following demo form I created for you: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41201930520943? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.