- Jon WoodardAsked on May 06, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I saw two forms that would suit my needs for reserving space in shuttle service and paying for it using paypal. But I was curious if there was a form that would allow me to only allow so many reservations for a single calendar day during a certain amount of hours? So if I have 4 seats available on monday between 9 am and 12 pm and 4 people book it, other customers aren't allowed to book during those hours because it's "full"
Any forms like that?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 04:47 AM
You can set form submission limits (which translate to seats available) using this guide.
The idea is:
1. Set the booking form expiration date and time
2. Limit the number of times the booking form can be used/seats booked.
Please let us know whether this helps - Thanks.
Of possible Interest: - http://apps.jotform.com/app/reservation_form
- mastajwoodAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 03:12 PM
Thanks! I'll look at the steps you linked to. Looks to fix my problem.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 03:34 PM
In your latest response, you asked:
This looks promising. So how does this work in regards to the following -
If I set the limit to 4, booking time 1 hour before the 9 a.m. depature time, can four more people book again starting at the next run time 12 pm?
The limits you set are static -
1. form expiration date has no relation to submission limits
2. The form will be permanently unavailable after expiration time/date. You would have to forward the setting to a future time to re-enable the form
3. The form submission limit is also a static setting. If you set the limit to 4, then its 4 and no more - ever. You would have to update the form limit upwards.
Ideally, you would have to log in and edit the form to update form limits and expiration each time. I hope this does not impair your workflow.
Let us know.
- mastajwoodAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 03:42 PM
Okay. So there's not a method to cut off the form submissions based on amount of seats and time slot without cutting the whole form out all together?
2. or are you saying that I can set these limits, but then would have to reset the form completely in order to re-open booking at said time and reset the limits again?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 05:16 PM
So there's not a method to cut off the form submissions based on amount of seats and time slot without cutting the whole form out all together?
Can you please elaborate this further?
Perhaps we can use formulation to setup the submission of the form. But we need to better understand first how you wanted to impose the limit -- I am particulary not able to understand how you inted to stop the reservation based on amount of seats and time slot.
If you can give us an example formula or scenario, that will help.
To clarify, the Submission Limit will disabled the form itself when a limit condition is reached. The 2 limits are number of submission or submission date.
Please take note that the limit is NOT based on any fields in the form. So, the data from amount of seat or time slot (on the form) are not really the data that affect the Submission Limit.
#2 This is correct. You have to manually disable the Submission Limit to re-enable the form again for use. You can either -- remove the limits OR set higher numbers for the limits.
Hope this help. Inform us if you have further question.
- iantcanadaAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 08:24 PM
I have a further question. If I am taking registrations for classes and I set limit for the class to say 20. Is there some way to stop a person then registering for all classes on the same day as they run concurrently?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 09:39 PM
We will resolve your issue on the thread you created here https://www.jotform.com/answers/888280