- WinceAsked on August 04, 2011 at 02:59 PM
I want to use the form maker to collect about 10 different pieces of information.
I would like to then have my developer (I have limited geekiness) take this info from each submiter and generate a database with each submitter's information as seperate profiles.
Did this make any sense?
thanks - Vince
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 04, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Definitely, it is possible to export form results into a batch file, particularly in CSV or Excel format. Your developer can then have this file imported to your database.
Please tell your developer to follow the steps below in order to export your form submission results:
1. Go to My Forms
2. Click the form whose submissions you want to export
3. Click the Submissions button
4. In the submissions page, click the settings icon to set the time frame of submissions that you want to export
5. Click the Excel button (or CSV, for .csv files) to download the exported submissions
Hope you find this answer satisfactory. Contact us again if you have other queries or concerns. Thank you!
- WinceAnswered on August 04, 2011 at 04:09 PM
It there an automated method as to when a submission is received instead of manually opening the submissions into/as a csv?
Meaning, can this submission be automatically sent to a database and populate the databases fields with the fields of the submited form? It's like creating a membership list with their picture personal info etc, but have this be automatically added to a created database on my website/server.
I am obviously not that geeky and hope this makes sense
thanks you - Vince
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 04, 2011 at 05:01 PM
Yes, of course. Your developer can configure the form to send the submission details to the database directly via POST method.
What he needs to do is to enable sending of POST data then point the Thank You URL (redirect page) of the form to a php page which will then dump the information onto your own database.
For more technical information (for your developer), please visit the links below:
Hope this helps