- TheLifestyleBrokerAsked on May 31, 2014 at 07:22 AM
I woul like to see a simple FORM for us to fill out.
I've designed a rudimenatry form in excel and have attached a screenshot of it for you.
Personally, I have a lot of items in my cart and the little box that you provide for us to work from is very tedious and time consuming and makes me not want to use coupons.
Additionally, under the same coupon code I might want to have varying offers for each item but use the same code so I don't have to redo a brand new code each time.
MY DESIGN DETAILS:
1) We can name the coupon on the same page as the rest of the input
2) Choose our dates that the coupon is good for, when it begins and when it ends
3) Date of aquisition: this was trickier b/c for many people that date is the day they purchase. For me, it is the date they arrive to use my vacation rental. So we need to somehow connect a date parameter on the form to this selection. Perhaps it could be an additional date "selection" in the left side of the form creation page designated for coupon code input only??
4) Finally the discount area.
a) All items are listed as you see and we can select "All" or individual to apply the coupon to.
b) The Items are "autopopulated" from the payment form
c) We select for EACH ITEM if the discount applied will be in the form of a [%] or [$] and then type the amount
d) The form then auotpopulates the end price for us, to confirm our entry - I hate when I do things wrong, good back up.
I've included the form link so you have an idea of what I'm dealing with.
I hope you like it. I'm sure there could be another better way to do this, but this is what I came up with in 5 minutes this morning. Thanks for considering it.
- KadeJMAnswered on May 31, 2014 at 01:26 PM
You have quite a long shopping list here. So because of that even though it is related I've broken your thread down into 3 Main Counterparts to simplify things. I have also handed these over to our Development Team as a Feature Request on your behalf. Our developers will look this list of requests and suggestions over for consideration of what is feasible and what is not. And we really do appreciate your feedback and suggestions about our coupon system.
For clarity purposes I have addressed 2 of your first thoughts here. The rest will be addressed accordingly in the sub-sequent feature request threads. (See links above or below for follow-ups)
First Off - You had mentioned that " It is very tedious and time consuming... ". However, I would like to take a moment to point out that it is tedious mostly because there are a lot of controls which can be configured for it as with any other feature you might find in similar cases including elsewhere. But, I do get that you want to somehow have this simplified a little better.
Second Off - You also stated that " you might want various offers without having to remake the coupon code each time ". I think this might be feasible with a duplication ability which would generate a new code when duplicated.
- lebausAnswered on May 31, 2014 at 01:41 PMI want to thank Jotform for always getting back to us in short order.
To clarify, the duplication system would be helpful, but not compared to
the way I have it laid out, as for simplification for the end user.
The fact that the box is so little and you have to "carefully" and "slowly"
scroll through it to find what you are looking for - makes it time
but thank you for taking my suggestion under consideration. Perhaps someone
can take the inspiration and improve on it.???
- KadeJMAnswered on May 31, 2014 at 03:19 PM
You are very welcome and thank you for the further clarification about it. Our developers will look it over as soon as they are able to and we'll let you know here if any changes are made.