- jerrwangAsked on June 04, 2014 at 04:53 PM
Hello, Is there a way throw a error message if user submits certain values in certain fields? For example, if user types "Christine" in the name field, then return an error message saying "Sorry, Christine is not unable to register because due date has past for him/her."
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on June 04, 2014 at 08:56 PM
1. You can do that by adding a text field with the error message
You can add also a Date/Time field, and set the default date (click on Default Time button) , while disabling the Time itsel (so it won't show hours and minutes)
2. Then adding a conditional logic with 2 rules (if you will , you can add the rule for the Date)
If NAME field is EQUAL TO Christine
If DATE field AFTER 'today' (you can vary this
THEN SHOW "Sorry, Christine..."
Otherwise, only the first rule would be enough.
Let us know should you have more questions on regards to this.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on June 04, 2014 at 08:58 PM
I forgot to post my test form
if you put "Christine" or a date later than 'today' , the message will appear.