- markyd1976Asked on June 05, 2014 at 03:50 PMA nice to have would be a Age box along side the applicants date of birth which would be calculated automatically using the current date and tha applicants date of birth. IF this can't be done it is fine, I realised it was on the paper application and it would save someone working out current ages, so no bi issue.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 05, 2014 at 06:07 PM
That's possible with calculation.
Clone this form so you can figure out the setup. This is done using Date/Time Tool under Quick Tools and a Form Calculation Widget.
You can check the calculation formula when you open the calculation wizard by clicking the wand icon.
Notice the Today Date Field and the Days Field are both set as hidden (right click then hide field). They are both used in calculation. First I calculated the days by subtracting the present date to the birth date then divided it with 360 (equivalent for 1 year).
If you need further assistance, let us know here.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 05, 2014 at 07:05 PM
There's a little calculation issue with my first form. Please use the following form instead if you want to clone it to your account.
On the "Age" field formula, we changed 360 to 365.25 as it's more close to show accurate result.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 05, 2014 at 07:16 PM
There's another issue. Unfortunately, due to something called Epoch Time, this will not work for people born before 1970.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 04, 2015 at 06:14 PM
We will respond to your inquiry here http://www.jotform.com/answers/510073
- BenflipsAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 06:57 PM
Hi.Someone gave me this similar workaround a while ago, and I have just played with the cloned form I made, but it doesn't seem to give an accurate result - example, I put in my date of birth 1 Aug 1978 and it said I was 39.
Now, I WILL be 39 this year, but I am not right now...can the code be tweaked to take account of the days that have elapsed compared with your actual birthday to make sure the result is 100% accurate?
There is no point using this (otherwise great) code, if the result is off my a year because of the issue as described above.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 09:00 PM
We will resolve your issue separately on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/887310