JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Create form that can calculate values according to users selection.Asked by kekepikentron on June 09, 2014 at 05:52 AM
i want to make a new form that can calculate values according to users selection. For example:
There is a drop down list with 4 options and every option a different value to the total summary.
Drop-Down List 1
Option 1 (Value: 5)
Option 2 (Value: 3)
Drop Down List 2
RESULT: VALUES ACCORDING TO USERS SELECTION
Imagine 3-4 of these kind of drop down list in a form. In the end i want the total summary result to appear in the screen.
Can this be done by JotForm?
I noticed the mathematical conditions but i'm not sure.
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement. You can take advantage of our "Insert Text Or Mathematical Calculation into field" feature with which you can insert a value in any textbox based on the dropdown selection.
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Add the number of required dropdown field in your form.
2. Add one textbox for every dropdown you add.
3. If you do not want to display the calculation for every dropdown, you can simply hide the textboxes. Please check the screenshot below:
4. Add a "Form Calculation" widget in your form which will add the value of all the textboxes. Please check the screenshot below:
5. Add "Insert Text Or Mathematical Calculation into field" condition in your form to check the dropdown selection and add value to the hidden textbox. Please check the screenshot for one of the calculation:
Take a look at the following form and see if this is something what you want to achieve in your form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41593496399978? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
wow this mega confusing :(