- auditjotformAsked on June 26, 2014 at 04:34 AM
Form 1: http://form.jotform.me/form/41460536501446?
Form 2 : http://form.jotform.me/form/41471590659462?
I want to ensure that as step 1 when user fills form 1 ,some of the fields like Voucher number get prepopulated in Form 2 when user clicks form 2
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 26, 2014 at 06:37 AM
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement by taking advantage a combination of our "URL Parameter" and "Custom URL (Thank you)" feature to pre-populate your form fields. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Get the field names of both your forms. The fields of form 1 which you want to read and the fields of your form 2 which you want to populate. The following guide should help you get your field names: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
2. Once you have the field names of both the forms, now you need to build a pre-population URL. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
3. This pre-population url which you have built in the step #2, you need to add this in the "Custom URL" (Thank you) of your first form.
Once all the above steps are complete and you submit your first form, you will be redirected to your second form where the form fields will already be populated.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.