- aylin77Asked on August 23, 2011 at 06:10 AM
I would like to add the suggestion "other" on my list from the autocomplete'field.Just after it will generate a text box field. Is is possible?
- allanftdAnswered on August 23, 2011 at 07:21 AM
Yes, you can use a condition and the shrink function in order to accomplish this. you may clone the demo form below in order to test it:
I hope I understood your concern correctly. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- allanftdAnswered on August 23, 2011 at 07:23 AM
In the form I provided earlier, if you enter the word "other" a text box field will be shown beside the autocomplete field.
- aylin77Answered on August 23, 2011 at 08:39 AM
Yes thank you I understood.
But how can I clone the demo and how can I integrate it into my form?
Furthermore, it is possible to change the word “other” by “autre”? because the form will be destined to French people.
Thanks a lot,
- allanftdAnswered on August 23, 2011 at 09:20 AM
In order to clone a form using its URL, please follow the steps in this thread: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-a-URL
If you want to do it yourself, please follow these steps:
A. Add an Autocomplete Field, and a Text Box Field.
B. Enter options in the Autocomplete field. You can add the word "Autre" to represent "others"
C. Create a condition so that when the word "Autre is typed in the Autocomplete field,
1. Go to the Setup & Embed tab of your toolbar
2. Click Conditions button
3. Click Saved Conditions button
4. Click the Condition in the list.
5. Change the word to Autre as shown below:
6. Click Save
There you have it! The Autocomplete field is now ready.
We hope you find this information useful. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- aylin77Answered on August 29, 2011 at 04:14 AM
thanks a lot
- allanftdAnswered on August 29, 2011 at 06:18 AM
Félicitations aylin! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you and enjoy using JotForm!