- ijsmaleAsked on April 16, 2010 at 12:11 AMAgain I just have to say this new version stinks.... too bad the bugs weren't worked out before you got it on line...... saving changes to my forms doesn't work, when I use auto responders the email address that it is sent from defaults to the email address that is in my Jotform account, not the email address I input into the form..... just 2 bugs I have found so far. Oh, and on one of my forms, there are two fields that when sent to my email address contain no information, even though the correct information is ithere in the jotform database..... These issues need addressed asap. I have been working for about 5 hours tonight trying to straighten this mess out but its still a mess.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 16, 2010 at 03:03 AMI understand your frustration and I want you to know that we are all working 15-20 hour days to sort out all of the problems on the new version. If you are having too many issues we also re-enabled the version 2 so you can keep using that for now.
If you can open separate forum threads for each problems, it would be easier for us to keep track of them and address them quickly. So, if I understand you right here are the problems you are encountering right now:
1. You cannot save forms: We have fixed various bugs on Internet Explorer so this seems to be working find for most browsers. If you can tell me exactly which type and version of browser you are using that would really help.
2. Auto-responder email address defaults to your account email address: I think this problem was caused by the migration. So one solution would be to delete the auto-responder and create a new one. You can do it on this page.
I can also fix this for you if you can tell me which form has this problem. You have many forms so I am not sure which one I should look.
3. This is probably also caused by the migration to the new version. Deleting the email and creating a new one should fix it:
Again, if you can tell me on which form you have this problem, I can fix this for you.
For any missing information you can look it up on "Submissions" page. Select your form and click "Submissions" to see previous submissions.
I hope you will like the new version when we sort out all of the problems.
- jusmeigAnswered on April 16, 2010 at 04:05 AMGuys,
I ran a trial of your demo 2 weeks ago.
I demoed it to the client today, and to my horror it had changed and for the most part did not work!
What have you done to the reports section?!?! Everyone loves Ajax but come on!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 16, 2010 at 04:47 AMSorry to hear about the problems with client demo. JotForm 3.0 is most stable on Firefox. So, if you can do the demos with that, that should work better while we sort out all problems on Internet Explorer.
The Excel spreadsheet is on "Submissions" section now. The new "Reports" section is for creating custom reports for your specific needs.
- jusmeigAnswered on April 16, 2010 at 05:02 AMIs there a changelog for v2 -> v3, so I dont have to ask lots of questions in this forum?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 16, 2010 at 06:01 AMIt is a complete rewrite. My blog posts couple weeks ago covered some of the changes:
- ijsmaleAnswered on April 17, 2010 at 02:19 PMAytekin, I have resolved most of the problems with my forms except the autoresponder. They are still defaulting to my Jotform Account Email, even when I delete the autoresponder Email and start over with a new autoresponder and put the correct sender's email in the top left of the envelope picture. I am getting used to the new interface and how it works and I do think it is better than the old, especially when inserting the script into my form. I don't have to update my form each time now with the way its done.
Please tell me if there is a solution to the autoresponder problem.