- truckersamericaAsked on August 29, 2011 at 11:51 PM
I just upgraded my browser to Internet Explorer 8. I logged into Jotform, selected one of my forms to view and this message pops up now.
Cannot read form information. Try reloading the page. You will probably need to use a different browser (such as Firefox). There seems to be a bug with the Internet Explorer version you are using.
My browser is working fine for everything else. It even lets me edit the forms, it just is not allowing me to view them. I need that ability to export them into an excel spreadsheet. Why wont it work for Internet Explorer 8 now?
- allanftdAnswered on August 30, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Thanks for contacting us regarding this and we apologize for the inconvenience. I have tried accessing your forms using IE8 on my own machine and I did not have problems at all. We have not received similar issues from other users so far. This leads us to conclude that the issue is limited to your machine. I would suggest that you reinstall IE8 and restart your machine as well. While doing that, you may use other browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- cocottenAnswered on September 11, 2011 at 02:51 PM
I have the same problem!
But I think there may be an other issue in my case.
Becaus the internet connection I use seam to block jotform.com
Please see below... What can I do???
- cocottenAnswered on September 11, 2011 at 02:55 PM
- JotForm SupportAtankAnswered on September 11, 2011 at 04:08 PMI don't think your problem has anything to do with this thread. This is not an IE problem. It looks like our site is blocked by your dns provider. Please contact them and tell them we work very hard to prevent phishing and they should not block 500k jotform users because of few bad apples. I will also contact them.