- austinymcastrategicplanAsked on August 05, 2014 at 01:07 PM
When I use the add a gadget option, I enter the URL of the report and google gives me this messageThe gadget you added is not valid
Unsupported feature: org.apache.shindig.common.xml.XmlException: The reference to entity "listingID" must end with the ';' delimiter. At: (28,110)
If I add ; at the end of the URL, I receive the message Unable to find URL
How do I format the URL so google gadget will recognize it?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 05, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Here is our guide on embedding a form to a Google site:
The gadget URL should look something like this:
If you are still receiving the error after following the guide, please let us know the URL you are using for the gadget and we will be happy to see what we can do.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- austinymcastrategicplanAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 10:01 AMThe link to jotform help is not a valid link.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 10:20 AM
The links appear to be working fine when I check them. You can also copy and paste them if clicking on them does not work. Here is the link again just in case:
Thank you for using JotForm!
- austinymcastrategicplanAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 10:41 AMI have not problems embedding forms in my google site. But I would like to
embed a report, instead of having a link to it. Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 10:56 AM
You might want to consider our visual report feature.
You can show the HTML table listing report on your website.The report may be accessed via direct link on our website, and placed (embedded) on your web pages. Report embedding option may be useful if you want to share the submitted data between form users.It comes with an optional Password protection, and sort submissions data by Ascending/Descending order (try to click on the column titles on your live report) features.Let's start with creating your first HTML Table Listing Report.(All data shown are just example for you to visually understand.)1. Click on the 'My Forms' link.2. Click on your form to 'Select' it.3. Click on the 'Reports' drop down, and then select the 'Add New Report' option.4. Select the 'HTML Table Listing', and click on the 'Next' button.5. Set the report 'Name', configure your report 'Fields', and enable the 'Password protection' option if you need it, then click on the 'Next' button.6. That is it. The report is ready. You will get a 'Direct link' to the Report, and the 'iFrame code' (that code is used for embedding, so you can embed the report on your web pages).This is how the report will look like:Online example:Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to help.Thank you for using JotForm!
- austinymcastrategicplanAnswered on August 08, 2014 at 09:01 AMI think we have been talking aboujt two different things. My forms are
fine. I want to embed reports.
- austinymcastrategicplanAnswered on August 08, 2014 at 09:21 AMGoogle has placed further restrictions on its Sites application that
prevent ANY non-gadget IFRAME code from working in Google Sites.
I am reading about how to write my own gadget, but I am not a programmer.
That is why I went with your services.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 08, 2014 at 10:43 AM
The walk through I posted is indeed how to embed a report. I did some looking into the iFrame issue with Google sites and these are their recommended steps to remedy this: