- NicksterAsked on September 06, 2011 at 11:56 AM
How do I put 'Choose, Yes, No' in drop downs? Is there any limit to the number of Choices?
- yasincoAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 12:33 PM
No But A User Can Only Choose 1.
When You Add The Drop Down You Should See Some-Thing That Say Options Click It And Add Options!!!
If You Want The User To Be Able To Choose More Then Add Check Boxes!!!
- NicksterAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 12:42 PMLet's try again. The User can only choose one, e.g., either Yes or No. How do I put those two plus Choose in the drop down? Some others will be as many as 12 choices in the drop down.
- NicksterAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 05:45 PM
Figured it out. Thank you for your help.
Next question - How can I change the width of your fields? Some are too short. Also, how do I put Height in Feet & Inches side by side on same line? How can I change the height of the fields (they are too high)?
- NicksterAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 06:31 PM
- brx250Answered on September 07, 2011 at 01:05 AM
Thank you for using JotForm.
You can alter a field's width by clicking on it while on the form builder and select the available options from the menu bar. For example, if you have a textarea field, click on "Columns".
If you have a textbox field, click on "Size".
And if you have a dropdown box, then click on "Width".
And for your second question, right click both fields and choose "Shrink". It should automatically arrange the fields beside each other.
Hope you find this helpful.
If you do need further assistance regarding JotForm, please feel free to contact us again. Our team will be more than happy to help you with anything.
Albert | JotForm Support
- ingridAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 01:20 AM
Simply go to "Properties" which is beside the red "X" mark at the right side of the field. Then go to "Show Properties" then click "Size" (Set number of characters users can enter)
- brx250Answered on September 07, 2011 at 01:30 AM
Yes, ingrid has a point, too. You can refer to the properties button which gives you a window of all the selections available and there you can set the width of that particular field.
Thank you for the input ingrid. Hope this helps other users whenever they encounter any issues related to this. :)
Albert | JotForm Support
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 08:14 AM
Ingrid, I want to increase the width of the actual Text Area. How do I do that?
brx250: I cannot find a Column area in JotForm. It doesn't appear for me.
As for putting 2 drop downs on same line, I want to maintain Height on the left with the two drop downs (Feet & Inches) side by side. When shrinking, they both go below Height & way to the left.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 08:28 AM
Click on your text area first then click on Properties tab to see the Columns button
As for your second question, please refer to this related thread for instructions on how to accomplish your goal.
Hope you find this answer useful. Thank you very much for using JotForm!
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 08:50 AM
Neil, no Column appears for me. To the right of On Required, I have Options, Special, Size, Width, Selected, Sub Label, Hover Text. To the left of On Required, I have Label Align, Redo, Undo, Preview, Auto Save.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 10:09 AM
I think what you have is a Drop Down, not a Text Area. To change a drop down's width, simply click on the Width button, change the value, then click OK.
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 11:03 AM
I have another problem. After Paste Special in FrontPage <script src="http://form.jotform.com/jsform/12473156191"></script>, it does not take effect.
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 11:47 AM
As to the previous problem, I have saved it many times but get the same problem. After Paste Special in FrontPage, I notice that the script number has never changed ... it always comes up with <script src="http://form.jotform.com/jsform/12473156191"></script>. Could that be the problem, i.e., because the Save does not take effect thus not changing the script number? How do I get it working?
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Don't know how I got it to work so forget my previous question about getting your script working with changes.
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Now I'd like to address putting Height in Feet & Inches side by side on same line again.
It would be:
Height * Feet (drop down) Inches (drop down)
When trying to Shrink as you recommended, I keep getting Feet & Inches falling directly below Height on the next line. to the left directly below Height.
- NicksterAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 12:35 PM
How do I decrease the line spacing, i.e, space between each line?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 07:48 PM
Shrink both Feet and Inches field. Set "Feet" label alignment to left and "Inches" label alignment to top.
Then, inject this custom css to your form.
To inject custom css:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click Preferences Form button
3. Choose Form Styles tab
4. Copy and paste the css code in the Inject Custom CSS textarea
If you follow these steps properly, you should come up with something like this:
- ElenSilvaAnswered on September 08, 2011 at 07:17 AM
I would like to know how to link languages in the Drop Down? I link a page of my site already translated, as I do?
- NicksterAnswered on September 08, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Thanks for you help. It previews perfectly but your updating is not working. I have saved it many times but do not get the change after Paste Special in FrontPage. What's up?
Also, how do I decrease space between each line?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 08, 2011 at 05:39 PM
This discussion has gotten off-topic because you have way too many different questions in the same thread. Please open a separate thread for your other issues. Thanks!
Open a new thread for your issue as well. Thank you!