- EdHochbergAsked on September 02, 2014 at 12:02 PM
(1) Can I make a text box automatically have the data from the previous submission from the same user. For example, let's say a factory has different products and in the submission there is a "Factory Name" text box. I don't want the user to have to enter his factory every time I want it to be there after the first entry.(2) Are the fields always single file order. Lets say I want one to enter multiple entries with the same fields can it be done on one form?
- CarinaAnswered on September 02, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I've split the 2nd question into a new thread so we can properly address it.
Regarding your first question I believe there is a workaround, which is including this link in the Thank you Message:
To make it clickable you just need to select the text and then select the link icon and paste the url in there:
You can test the demo form and clone it if you wish so you can inspect it better:
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- EdHochbergAnswered on September 02, 2014 at 03:29 PM
Not sure how you have addressed my question. I want a text box that will be populated with the same data that was previously entered by the same user in the same text box before he hit submit.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 02, 2014 at 04:36 PM
If this is related to a single submission, we can use an 'Update a form field value' condition to populate a field from another field value.
However, we do not have an option to populate the data from Submissions database.
- dorsetholidayletsAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 02:58 AM
Is there a way to use this to populate one form with the previous form using IFrame so that I can use the form on my web site. I could use the embed feature but some browsers have problems if it is embedded.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 07:47 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly.
Please be noted that the solution my colleague have explain above will only work to populate a form field with the value of another field of the same form. It is not possible to use this feature to populate the value from different form.
I would suggest you to please explain your question a bit more in detail so that we can understand your exact question. For now, you may like to check our "URL Parameter" feature to populate your form field with the URL parameter as well. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
We will wait for your response.